Slave To The Rhythm - A Brief Review


At long last, Trevor Horn's 2004 concert in celebration of his 25 years in the industry, and in aid of The Prince's Trust, is finally available in the UK on DVD. Having been previously available only in Japan (I'm guessing for copyright issues), there is now a Region 0 release and mine arrived today.



I have to say, I'm blown away !!

Ok, so I'm biased inasmuch as I'm a huge fan of Trevor already, and also of many of the artists featured in this concert (Pet Shop Boys, Seal, Grace Jones, Propaganda, Yes, Art Of Noise, Frankie Goes To Hollywood) but the quality of production is outstanding. It certainly adheres to Trevor's quality mark, that's for sure. Allegedly, this was filmed in HD by the BBC (their first proper attempt at doing this) and it's clearly an excellent picture throughout. The concert is also in Dolby Digital 5.1 and on my secondary system, sounds superb. I have great expectations for this on my primary home theatre set up.

Bonus features include a documentary on the concert, featuring many of the artists and Trevor himself, as well as a Jukebox facility that allows you to select the tracks to play in any order you like. There is also a documentary on the reforming of Frankie Goes To Hollywood too.

Here's a couple of tasters found on YouTube (the Grace Jones clip is in B&W, not so on the DVD)...





An absolute steal at £10.99.

Get it.

Get it NOW.

Comments

Popular Posts